Friday, November 16, 2007

Can You Believe I...

I don't really like Mom Blogs. Even though I read a lot of them. Mostly, they just make me feel inadequate and like a Bad Mom. Mom Blogs post pictures of their kid's amazing theme rooms and immaculate kitchens. Mom Blogs talk about how little Timmy spilled milk on the carpet, and OMG they had to steam clean the whole house. Mom Blogs always have everything together and in the right places. I am so not together and so not anywhere near the right places.

BUT, I was reading a Mom Blogger today, and she posted this:

GO HERE AND READ IT.

And it wasn't just the post that made me happy, but the COMMENTS!

I mean, mom's were admitting to all sorts of Mom Crimes. By the dozens!

So my house is messy, my kids are pretty dirty, I don't cook very often or well, and I work full time in a refinery, but I am happy and a good mom. Just like most everyone else. Just ignore the fact that my kid's socks don't match, if they are even wearing any. And please overlook the mountain of laundry in the basement and the dog hair in the bathroom and the old gross bottles hidden under the sofa.
In fact, when Zoe was about two (and at the age where you really really really should be watching just about every move she made), I decided I wanted to sleep in past 7. She came in the bedroom declaring her hunger and "Mommy UP."
Only, instead of getting up, like a good mom, I taught her to go get the box of cereal out of the cupboard and bring it back to my bed and eat her breakfast straight out of the box while I napped a bit longer. She ate the whole thing.
What's your "Can you believe I...?"

No comments: