Thursday, January 01, 2009

Snow, Christmas, More Snow, a Birthday, a Wedding, a New Year, and More Snow

I think the title fills you in on everything.
We live in the great Pacific Northwest, where it rains, right? We usually don't get much snow, and if it does snow it is melted within a day. Only these last few weeks it has snowed nearly every day. At Christmas we had over two feet of the stuff!
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

Nathan was really thrilled. Note the hood is up on our van in the background. Not only did it snow, but it got down to the single digits, before the windchill. Our van wasn't thrilled with that either.
Zoe had her friend from school come over durring the big snow and we (I) made cookies to decorate. This is something that I used to do with my neighbors (pseudo brothers and sisters) every year.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

The sprinkle to cookie to frosting ratios were of the understanding only to those under the age of six. But don't worry, we left insulin shots for Santa with his plate of cookies.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

We started a new tradition at Christmas too. On Christmas eve the kids got to open one present of new pajamas to sleep in.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

And then there was Christmas morning.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

Which was a big hit.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

I mean, a really really big hit.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

The next big day was a super big day. My pseudo sister (cookie decorator extraordinaire) got married. Zoe, Morgan and I were all in the wedding. It also happened to be our big guy Simon's second Birthday.
From Christmas Birthday and a Wedding 08

But now it's time for breakfast (Dutch Babies) so I'll fill you in on the rest later!

No comments: