Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Work is as Work Does

We are into another week of fun out here in Custer. 
I say that rather sarcastically, but for some reason there isn't a "sarcastic" font option so I'll understand if you didn't get it off hand. 
We had our 87,547,679,005th doctor's appointment this morning. This time it was a double appointment for Isla and me. We have officially seen the doctor more times in the last year than we have seen our dearest friends. I'm not sure if that speaks negatively on our health or on our current living situation (Custer - not exactly the city center). But either way, I was excited to hear that I don't need to bring the baby back for another two months. That would be the longest stretch for us in over a year. But then Nathan reminded me that he is getting a vasectomy next month, so no reprieve yet! Ha! We really like our doctor though, he has done our last two pregnancies and baby deliveries and all of the crazy stuff in between. He's stitched Nathan's hand back together, and fixed my back after I ice skated down some stairs. If we ever do end up moving somewhere other than Whatcom County it will be really sad to have to find a new family physician. 
Isla is still gaining weight nicely, and getting to look like a regular round baby! It was still hard to see her have to get shots in her scrawny boney thighs though, and boy did she protest. I don't think I've ever seen a baby hold their breath so hard and turn so red. I was going to take a picture of it, but thought that it might seem insensitive to grab my camera instead of comforting Isla. 
The remainder of the day is going to be filled with other fun tasks like cleaning a disgusting car seat cover (how do kids get the most disgusting things smeared into their car seats when there is a no food in the car rule???), washing 5000 loads of laundry, sanitizing the kitchen and organizing the bedroom/office/toddler room. 
I kind of miss the refinery.







1 comment:

Woman of Many Thoughts said...

Your dearest friends miss you too.