Friday, January 09, 2009

Don't Ask


Isla's weight check was postponed until tonight, but at Simon's Dr. appointment I snuck her onto the scale which showed no weight change for the week. This is getting stressful! 
Our doctor said that as long as she is over her birth weight he wasn't worried. She is at 8 pounds 14 ounces. I think the only thing that bothers me is people's comments. We can't take her anywhere without people asking me why she is so small. There are a lot of very passionate pro-breast feeding people in our area,  and I've been breast feeding and pumping and supplementing. Everywhere I go there are posters that say babies are born to be breast fed and Breast is best.I'm trying really hard.  She's just not a chunky baby.  Mom's of premies must hate explaining their babies sizes over and over. 
Anyways, enough rant. 

No comments: