Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spring?

The sun has been shining for several consecutive days, and people around here are noticing. Actually, people noticed when the sun first was out for about 10 minutes. They all went outside and clogged up the local parks and playgrounds and sidewalks. I know this because I was downtown when it happened and almost ran over at least a dozen people who were walking across streets not using the crosswalks and looking up at the sky with big toothy smiles. We were getting gas last weekend and the guy getting gas next to us was exuberantly exclaiming, "Isn't it beautiful out?" And Nathan, just as equally excited, proceeded to chit chat with him about just how amazingly great it really was.
And then, at the drive through coffee place, the menu board was featuring iced coffees with smiling suns and happy faces drawn all over.
This is what happens when the spring sneaks out in the Great Pacific North West. The sun shines and seasonal Depression is instantly erased and that thing where people must wear their Birkenstock sandals with wool socks starts to happen.
Seriously, I love it here.

No comments: