Friday, February 15, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love and Thank God it's Friday

It's as if the world opened up and ate up all the Friday's (particularly the Friday afternoon's nearing four PM), and left me languishing in a relentless Thursday.
This week just would not end. Did you all sense that too?
But now it finally has, and hooray!
So my list of things to do this weekend started out a bit adventurous and contained things like "visit Italy and eat some pizza," but then got downgraded a bit to "take the family to the Olympic Game Farm." Even that though, after consulting our bank account and acknowledging the four hour drive (each way), got vetoed.
I think I am craving some adventure. Some unplanned and seat of our pants sort of thing. Things we used to do before I became so concerned with house cleanliness and other time consuming, weekend killing things.
Instead of great adventure though, I have settled on doing some packing (we are moving in a few weeks after all) and finish reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
This book is probably what has me craving adventure anyways, best get through it and move on to something more practicle like "How to Become a Millionaire in 90 Days." Or something.
It seems to be the book of the moment right now, and nearly every blog I visit has mentioned reading it, or having read it, or having seen numerous people reading it.
I'm at the bit where Elizabeth is in Italy (the "Eat" section, of course) and I suspect she is almost about to head out to India where I hope to be inspired for the "Pray" section of her book, because I seriously can't stop thinking about the pizza she described in the beginning. It has been the sole reason for our pizza eating not once, but three times in the last week.
Not that anyone was complaining around here.

No comments: