Those of us in Whatcom County can all attest to what a strange winter it's been this year. As much as I kind of long for a good freeze and some snow on the ground to play in, it has been pretty amazing to be able to send the kids out in the sun for most of January and February. It's not even the end of February and we've already burned though one of those large multi packs of bubbles.
Simon's quote for the month? "I went on the potty! Can I go outside and blow bubbles?"
It hasn't felt like winter since we took the Christmas tree down.
It's going to be a long wait though for the spray parks to open and the real summer activities to begin. The sun may be out and it may be 56 degrees, but somehow we are supposed to remember that it is still winter.
I am really tempted to take the Styrofoam covers off the outside faucets, but then it will freeze again for sure. Also, we have a turnaround at the refinery in March. I have yet to work a turnaround that didn't have sub-freezing temperatures to suffer long days/nights through.
I won't give up on winter yet, but in the meantime, I'm going to go mow the lawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment