I love weekends.
Working part time kind of skewed my perspective on weekends for a bit, but the reality is simply that when Nathan is home from work, all is right with the Warner World. We sure do enjoy these two days a week together.
So far this weekend we've been really productive. We spent the morning yesterday with my parents hearing all about their adventure at the Olympics. They saw a hockey match Friday night and on Saturday went to speed skating. After breakfast we took a chainsaw to the front yard and did all kinds of yard work. Simon and I pulled dead weeds and ferns from the back yard and Morgan and Zoe made a huge pile of branches from a tree that fell down during a big windstorm a few weeks ago. Nathan also cleaned out the garage as we have some parts coming for the car to get fixed up soon. Speaking of fixed up, the cat got spayed on Friday and it's been eerily quiet in the house since. The poor kitty has not left hiding (under Simon's or Morgan's beds) since she got home.
I finished the hat for Mary, but it came out small with no stretch so now it's a hat for Isla. I guess that is why it is important to check gauge before starting projects like that. Oops.
We are on day five of our Lenten gluten/dairy free diet. I'm having a lot of fun with recipes, but man, there have been a lot of moments where I just want to have some toast with butter, or CHEESE. Simon had a grilled cheese sandwich last night and it was all I could do to not steal it from him and take a huge gooey bite. I read a blog post somewhere about a mom who had to put her little boy on a gluten free diet, and after a few days he was craving anything gluten so bad he began to chew on the table. There have been a few intense moments where tables have had some appeal.
Today I am going to bake some Frosted Orange Creme Cupcakes. This will be a trial run for the cupcakes Zoe wants to take to school next week for her half birthday. Don't those look delicious?
Also today is promised trips to the toy store and book store. I promised Simon and Isla I would get them Spike, the chomping dinosaur. He was the gift for the birthday boy last weekend, but our kids fell in love with it too.
So now it's off to the shower and then some waffles (we found a mix at the co-op), bacon and coconut lattes. I hope your day is lovely and full of fun family adventures too!
No comments:
Post a Comment