We tried to get groceries, but the checker was super rude when I handed him our WIC checks.
We tried to wash dishes, but were disappointed when the dishwasher was still broken.
We tried to make lunch, but wanted something quick and easy, and we haven't found gluten and dairy free to be quick or easy yet.
We tried to take naps, but "I DON'T WANT TO" may have won that round.
We tried to do laundry, but the down comforter took all day to dry in the drier.
So, instead, we finished off the last bottle of bubbles in the back yard. We watched Pippy Long Stockings with Daddy when he got home from work and we (ahem, I) had a soy caramel latte.
These days, when I get some down time, one of my favorite things to do is knit.
I made Zoe this hat, it was supposed to be a slouchy type hat, but came out more of a beanie. My yarn choice was way off, so I experimented with some stitches and came up with this kind of fun texture. This is the one completed thing today. But that is a bit of a lie, since I finished it a while ago, but just finally attached the ribbon.
And then I decided I wanted to try knitting in some kind of fun pattern, you know, other than stripes, and when Mary came over for the Superbowl she found some yarn colors she really liked, so I started this hat for her. I worked on it some today, but it's still not done.
Whenever I try to knit when the Isla is not sleeping, I have to deal with things like this:
It's good to know she takes advantage of every opportunity. This is no doubt Isla's favorite thing to do. It wouldn't bother me either if she made the mess while reading books or playing, but she does this just for the pleasure of taking things off of the bookshelf. She can't walk through the room without making a quick stop to de-book the shelves. She does this with all the shelves in the house, books, dvds, cds, and folded laundry in baskets.
So nothing really gets done in my house lately,
but I think I'm finally OK with that.
1 comment:
I'm seriously impressed by your mad knitting skills! I'd like to place an order please. Perhaps we can discuss it over dinner/coffee/dessert/grocery shopping sometime. I mean seriously, what do we have to do to hang out together? Miss you :)
Post a Comment