Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wrong Tuesday

It's Tuesday and  I was just trying to figure out what to do with the day. I was a whole week ahead of myself and got the kids all dressed and ready to go to Isla's next weight check before I realized that I would have been about seven days early. Now I am watching Simon attempt to drive matchbox cars over the cat while she does her preemptive "I'm going to freaking eat you" growl. I'm finding it harder and harder to gain motivation to do things like housework and job searching. So instead I've been doing things like going to the park and knitting hats and playing at Malia's house. Way way way more fun. The guilt though has started to creep in a bit. And the pile of things in the sink (dishes?) is getting really gross. Oh and when Nathan gets home he looks around the house and scowls at me. 
So today is the day.  I've already turned on the giant espresso machine and as soon as I pull a couple of good shots its off to house-maker mode. But don't worry, it's only temporary. During the five weeks I got to stay home after Simon was born, my friends told me that Nathan did a better job at keeping the house clean than I did. As mad as I was at them, it was totally true. 

Little Isla is still doing pretty good. She had another disappointing weight check while Nathan was gone in El Salvador, but I started giving her a bottle of formula every night before bed and she's back up again. She is now at ten pounds seven ounces. It amazes me to think that some babies come out that big!  We are still nursing every two hours so we don't get out that much. I miss my friends a lot lately. Friends, I miss you! The job hunt continues and the house hunt has begun. All those things together keep me pretty occupied. 

Nathan had an amazing time in El Salvador. He is really excited about his job again, and where it is taking him. I keep trying to picture where he and I will be even just a year from now and I can't. It deffinately won't be where we are now!
We have some good friends that are on an amazing journey. They are going to live in Africa to help develop and run a retreat center for local pastors. They just got back from visiting the area and are now in the process of coming up with a plan for funding.  This is something that Nathan and I have always dreamed of doing.  I think it will happen for us some day, maybe when the kids are older. If you want to pray for our friends, or keep up with their adventures, you can visit their blog at www.thehuckabyfamily.blogspot.com.

Anyways, that is probably enough procrastinating and disjointed rambling for now. I'll see if I can get some more cute pictures up of the kids soon! 


1 comment:

Woman of Many Thoughts said...

Who said Nathan kept the house up better than you? Yeah, well Nathan didn't have a baby on his boob. And you can keep up the garage better than him ;)