Today, my baby boy turns one.
One Year Old.


Simon, what an amazing little person you are turning into, and have been from the second you were born. I can honestly say that I have loved every minute of the last 365 days. Even the many of which we spent not sleeping. You are a sweet delight. I love that you laugh every single day, with your crazy inhaling squawk. I thrive on that laughter.

Your devotion to your daddy is evident to every single person that knows you. The fact that you are one, and already have a handle on loving others, is amazing in itself. I love watching you play, in all your boy-ness. You just
know that you are a boy, and boys are supposed to make car noises and hammer things and crash trucks together. Your daddy is so excited about this, and the things he will be able to share with you (read: scooters and tools) as you grow.


You are loved so very much. Your sisters have grown so much with you, and have learned an enormous amount of responsibility. They take pride in showing you new things and helping to take care of you, and you are so patient when Morgan puts a diaper on backwards, or when Zoe takes your toys to test them out for you. You seem to find Zoe the funniest, and she's always on the lookout for new ways to make you laugh. When she clocked her head on accident on the door frame and you giggled, she took that as cue to not cry, but turn around and do it over and over, until you were in hysterics and she had a good sized goose egg. When we have been in the car for far too long, and you are tired and crying and ready to get out, it is your sisters whose hands you hold, as they sooth you to sleep. I imagine that your sisters will be a very integral part of your life, and will help hold you steady for years to come.

It is this amazing sense of family that your arrival here has solidified in us. Although a family before your birth, we now seem to have fully grown into everything that encompasses that word. Our love for eachother is bigger, and more purposeful. In myself, I know that through you, I have finally learned how to live beyond myself (turns out you were right Dad, the world doesn't actually revolve around me). Those months that Nathan got to stay home with you and the girls was life changing too. He figured out so much about himself, and the kind of father figure he wanted to be, and by golly if he didn't get a plan set up and go after it. And now he is in a job he loves, doing something he loves, providing for those he loves, with big plans for our future. When you came, one year ago today, somehow you reminded us that Nathan, Morgan, Zoe, you, and me, we are amazing together. You brought us home.

I love you a million gazillion times to the moon and back. Happy birthday Bubba.
Love,
Your Mum
No comments:
Post a Comment