Saturday, May 01, 2010

Turns out a gluten free diet does not improve your golf game.

Hi blog!
I kind of forgot to write in you for a while. I don't think forgetting is the right term. I had lots of internal dialog about things to say on here, but I just never made it to the keyboard. Whoops.
The gluten/dairy free diet kind of continues. Kind of in that when I am really wanting some cheese, I have some.
I can make three delightfully tasty gluten and dairy free things now.
1. Banana bread
2. Corn bread
3. Brownies
I've got dessert covered here!

In other news I've been bamboozled by my Dad to play golf with him every Thursday in a golf league. I have now been golfing a grand total of two times. In my life. All of the people on this league are much, much, much better than I am. When my Dad asked me if I wanted to golf with him this season, my gut reaction was to say no, but the "spend quality time with my dad" reasoning won out in the end. He's very patient with me and has been teaching me lots of good things, but the part I really enjoy is the walking with him. My dad is really close to retiring from the refining world and in June he will be ordained as an Anglican reverend, so our walks on the golf course are filled with some pretty great conversation. I love my Dad, and for him I will willingly look like a fool on the golf course. The hour before our tee time every Thursday though, is filled with lots of self doubt and panic.

Earlier this week I spent a few days with my friend Amanda. We went to a place called Skamania Lodge in Stevenson where she was attending a conference called The 2010 Cultural Congress. Pretty interesting and full of captivating and enthusiastic people. While she attended sessions I did some knitting and hiking and extreme relaxing. She got to skip out on some of the peer groups and during those times we hiked together and saw lots of turtles. The resort is home to a pretty fabulous golf course, but I didn't bring my clubs, mostly because I was afraid of some one watching how terrible I was with no help or advice from my Dad. We had fun walking the trails around the course though, filled with little lakes and trees and all kinds of great wildlife. Funny though, after just three days away, I missed our own little wildlife a whole lot. Who knew?

Now that I am home it's back to spring cleaning, gluten free eating and perfecting my oh so imperfect golf swing. And suddenly, winter is over and spring is here in full force!

No comments: