Friday, October 26, 2007

How we might not be broke much longer.

This is just a note to say:
Nathan, I hope you love your new job as a coffee roaster!
I know you have deserved a job in which to be happy for a long long time, and I hope that this is the start of that.
I hope that yesterday, when the afterburner broke, and with your experience with refinery vessels and boilers and such, peering in and trying to fix it didn't remind you too much of the refinery world and make you want to run away.
I hope that when you saw the banners all over the walls saying "Welcome Nathan!" that you felt...well...welcome, and appreciated, and deserving.
And I hope that you know how much we all love you, and realize how hard it has been for you to leave your job as Stay-At-Home-Dad, and mainly, Baby-Simon-Holder, and sometimes, House-Picker-Upper.

Congratulations Nathan, and try to not drink too much coffee while you are working!